• Migration between provinces expected to continue in 2022, potentially impacting local market conditions, according to 53 per cent of RE/MAX brokers (20 out of 38).
• 49 per cent of Canadians believe the housing market will remain steady in 2022 and view real estate as one of the best investment options over the next year.
• Some of the highest outlooks are anticipated for Atlantic Canada, with Moncton and Halifax projecting average residential sales prices to increase by 20 per cent and 16 per cent respectively in 2022
• 95 per cent of regions (36 out of 38) surveyed are likely to remain seller’s markets in 2022
Canadians continue to be confident in the housing market, with the inter-provincial relocation trend likely to remain strong in 2022.
GREATER VANCOUVER AREA, BRITISH COLUMBIA - REGIONAL SALES TRENDS
• Average home price increased 13% year-to-date in 2021 compared to 2020, while transactions increased 52.7% year-over-year.
• Demand is expected to continue exceeding supply, with seller’s market conditions in 2022.
• Average residential price expected to increase 5.5% in 2022.
For more information or insights regarding the 2022 Canadian Housing Market - Call or Text Matt Gul at 778.888.8888.